OVERVIEW – FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Polyurethane coatings are being used to protect many different structures such as storage tank containment areas, compressor floors, oil and gas pipelines and other facilities. Polyurethane has been effective because of it’s outstanding life expectancy and performance, resistance to aggressively corrosive environments, high abrasion resistance, fast application, low and cold temperature curing capability, and strong adhesion. Halos’ polyurethane contains no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) making it safe to spray in any area.
Halo’s polyurethane products begin to set in less than 15 seconds and can be walked on within an hour. As the product is setting up it flows into the porous space of the material that it is being applied to, thereby forming a strong mechanical bond with the material itself. Halo’s polyurethane has been applied in temperatures ranging from plus 35C to minus 35C. The coatings are UV resistant so no ground cover is required and can be applied with a non-slip surface. It eliminates the need for sand or gravel to line the entire surface, thereby making visual inspections of liner integrity very easy. The faster set times and lack of VOC’s, results in shorter completion times without compromising worker safety, fire safety and environmental safety.
Polyurethane has excellent long term stability in water and is resistant to swelling and deterioration in temperatures as high as 180°C. It is also very resistant to mold, mildew and fungus growth, which makes it an excellent choice for applications in a moist environment. Other characteristics include:
- Remains flexible down to minus 50 Celsius.
- Minus 35 is the coldest it has been sprayed at.
- UV resistant Does not require ground cover.
- No VOC’s. No chance of an explosion, safe to be around, do not have to shut down machinery.
- Will conform to any shape.
- Can attach to virtually any surface.
- Seamless non-stressed liner.
- Outstanding life expectancy.
- Resistance to aggressively corrosive environments.
- Alberta’s D55 compliant, and other provinces rigorous regulations.
- Easily repaired if damaged.
- Fast drying and set up time.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- Fire resistant.