A new oil and gas service.
Halo is pleased to announce a NEW joint venture with Trident Environmental Services to bring exposure to their industry leading technology that will revolutionize the coatings removal process in the Canadian oil and gas industry.
We are pleased to offer this new service in conjunction with our industry leading coatings solutions to better enhance our ability to provide the best possible service to our clients.
Here’s what Trident can do:
- Induction coating removal is the safest, fastest & most cost effective way to removing coatings on steel surfaces.
- This consumable free, waste free method offers the best choice in job cleanliness while depreciating high waste management costs.
- No containment required for your projects.
- No abrasive material needed to remove coatings.
- Zero metal loss when compared to other methods of coatings removal processes.
What is Induction?
The process of heat induction involves an induction coil with alternating currents to generate a powerful electro-magnetic field.
This field generates heat which penetrates the coating on a steel substrate. The result is the coating de-laminating quickly and easily from the metals surface.
Can be used to remove
- Coatings such as epoxies, urethanes and acrylics
- Coal tar
- Oil and grease
- Lead paint
- Fire-retardant coatings
- Glued and vulcanized rubber as well as chlorinated rubber
Pipeline Coating Removal
Can easily and quickly remove coatings up to 30mil thickness and does not produce any additional grit or water waste yielding great potential for savings in media transportation and disposal.
The coating is removed with ease in manageable sections that are easily contained for all disposal and containment needs.
- In the shop or in the field protection and restoration of girth welds
- Tie-ins, welds for boring applications
- Repairs to FBE coatings
- Push back applications
- Station piping
- Fittings and fabrication
- Main line pipe coatings
- Sacrificial coating for directional drilling ARO
- Road bore pipe
- Rehabilitation of existing pipelines
Storage Tank Coating Removal
- Induction system for coatings removal is highly suitable for fast and efficient stripping of large surfaces.
- Great for inspections on weld seams in storage tanks.
- Even thick fiberglass applications can be removed at rates up to 10 – 12m2/hr.
- Thinner painted surfaces over tank walls can see removal rates up to 35m2/hr.
Call to inquire about our FREE site evaluations
Grand Prairie, AB