Application: Oilfield Tank Insulation
Cost to heat fluid in cold temperatures is higher without proper insulation. Keeping the fluid in the tanks at a consistent temperature is difficult. Makes it difficult to pump & transport when cold. Other forms of insulation allow animals to get in and nest or damage insulation. Other types of batten insulation are more expensive and timely to install, and final product is not as effective as spray foam.
Spray foam completely encapsulates the tank, but will leave all valves, man ways, and controls exposed for easy access. Polyurethane spray foam has an outstanding R value which will maintain a constant temperature throughout the tank and will aid in reducing heating costs. Mice, rodents, and birds are unable to penetrate the spray foam product thereby reducing any associated problems.
- The outside of the tank is cleaned by removing any flaking paint, rust, and oil
- All valves, controls and fasteners are masked to prevent overspray
- Tanks is coated with 3lbs Polyurethane spray foam 2 -3” thick
- Excess foam is trimmed to fit around all access valves, controls, and man ways
- A Layer of fire retardant elastomeric top coating is applied to protect the foam from UV degradation and other damage.
Premium Spray Products PSP Permiseal 280 3lbs class 1 flame spread .
Elastomeric Top Coat – a high build, elastomeric coating possessing tremendous flexibility and resistance to weathering while providing a Flame Spread Classification of less than 25 and Smoke Density rating of less than 50. Provides protection from UV degradation and wind-driven rain with exceptional elongation properties even at low temperatures when applied over sprayed urethane foam insulation.